Sunday, March 25, 2012

WOW, it's been a while

Wanamaker Collections (that happened on March 14th) was amazing to see.

Although it was quite warm that day (And by warm, I mean boiling during the evening) seeing the pictures made Native Americans of the past more... real.

It is not like they were a myth before, but it was just sort of like a good story.  But seeing these pictures made me realize that there were people who truly use to dress, live, and act a certain way.  And I'm glad that there are these pictures because it preserves this culture, this way of life that was once lived.

Although the heat felt like it was going to boil me alive, I'm glad I was able to come out to the event.  It was a great opportunity to see and I hope to be able to see more history of other tribes and individual Native Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment