Monday, April 23, 2012

Memes: No One Can Escape Them

Meme: an element of a culture or behavior that may be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, esp imitation.

If you're an avid internet user, you have seen memes! There's no way of escaping them!  Here an example:

This is Ridiculously Photogenic guy, this image just happened to be capture of a guy running a 10k (and he looks pretty good!) and there are MILLION of captions!  You get my jist.

So I saw this article in Indian Country Today and I'm thinking "Oh boy.. this can't be good".  But it actually turned out to be quite hilarious:

These are hilarious!!  I thought they would be extremely racist or not tasteful, but I actually found myself laughing at all these because it speaks about the social injustices that the Native Americans faced!  But in a clever, sarcastic way!

Do you find these funny? Offense?  Sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment